Monday, June 27, 2011

 Picture of the Day
When Alex picked up his last piece of sandwich he looked at the plate and squealed, “Look, Grandma Jensen! It’s a fish!” Thank you, Vicky, for the cute dishes!
Every 3rd or 4th day we use the water in the swimming pool to water trees and bushes in the back yard and then move the pool. The boys have been great at helping with this task. Today it turned into a major water fight, and Grandma was the big looser. I just told them they need to watch their backs because I don’t get mad. I just get even. Seth has been asking me about that all day….still don’t know what my revenge will be but it will be good. Suggestions welcome!

One by one Hyuna gave the boys haircuts. They look so sharp and handsome!
With Sven leaving tomorrow we had an early Birthday celebration for Alex. First on the agenda was a trip to the movie theater to see “Cars 2”. Cute and clever show, but watching his excitement was the best. Kris came along begrudgingly, but he had a huge smile on his face throughout, especially when they were in Paris and Italy!
Cake & ice cream & presents followed. I have never seen a child as excited about a birthday card as he was – he opened it up and looked at the pictures very carefully, and then listened to every word his mother read. Then he carried it around the kitchen and said, “I need to show this to my friends!”  He was all excitement with everything he opened, starting with his rollerblades. “Awesome! My Birthday!” He had found them earlier today where they had been hidden by his parents, and he was sooooo excited. “Look, it’s my Birthday!!!” He was just as excited when he opened it tonight.

Spider Man roller blades - "Awesome!"


Seth gave Alex a sweet Webkinz turtle that he cleverly "wrapped" in two baseball hats. This is the note he put with his gift:


 Ready to roll!
Missed Photo Op: Just after daybreak as I was driving east on Country Club I saw a man pedaling a bicycle heading the opposite direction. With one hand he steered the bike. With the other he held on to an 8- or 10-foot ladder which was balancing on his shoulders with his head through the middle part of the ladder. His look was, "I know this looks ridiculous, but I gotta do what I gotta do". 

No comments:

Post a Comment