Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Mom?"

"Are you my mother?"
"No!"
but I wouldn't have minded keeping you one bit!
Last month this sweet puppy found me....then I lost her....then I found her owners....then I found her again.  A perfect ending after a lot of trauma and drama.


 "Are you my mother?"
"No!"
One week later, a lost gosling was trying to get through a broken fence where a large dog was eagerly waiting to eat him....I used my foot to gently keep him away from the fence and help him cross the street to the canal on the other side, where I was sure his mother would be....he made it across the street....and then fell right through a storm drain...and hopefully, maybe eventually back to his mother....an uncertain ending.


"Are you my mother?"
"No!"
Two weeks ago a feral kitten jumped down from the bottom of my truck just before I took it through a car wash - and then jumped back up under the truck....I was able to catch him and put him in the truck as I was pretty sure he belonged to a feral cat near our office....took him there and have seen him since with his mommy and a litter mate....sort of a happy ending.


"Are you my mother?"
"NO!"
Last week this beetle got lost on it's way to the Ugly Bug Ball and ended up on my back patio....I took it to a friend who has an interest in bugs....he gave it to another friend who was very excited to add an Eastern Eyed Click Beetle to his collection....happy ending for my friend....not a happy ending for the bug.


"Are you my (grand)mother?"
"YES!!!!"
Beautiful Baby Jill, I need to kiss those cheeks right this minute to make this a happy ending to my day!

3 comments:

  1. Mom, what can I say, you have a way with nature?!? Was the "bug" man Bro. Arroyo? That would be rather funny if it was, bc I was just telling Ben how he helped me with a bug collection in high school. I am glad you are MY mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make your posts so interesting. :) I am glad you are MY mother, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the cat!! And the dog!! Good thing I get to see Jill every so often, I guess that makes up for no pets :) Love you, Momma!

    ReplyDelete