Friday, February 4, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things


Dreaming of warmer weather, and this picture inspired me to write about some of the latest and greatest goodies and activities I'm enjoying. I'll replace it with a better one of Tanja and Mel if I ever find it...

Shout-outs!

Favorite Christmas gifts:

The beautiful children's book Rachele & Soren gave us  - I can't wait to read this with my grandchildren, but I'm enjoying it so much all on my own!

Our new table-top grill. With the wacky and weird weather we've been having I'm realizing that this isn't just fun but it could prove to be essential. It arrived from Hyuna & Sven, and I can't wait to try cooking up some of their Korean specialties. Love that it came with plenty of fuel canisters and a year's supply of Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce (Kris wasn't sure what to do when he opened that package!).
















Wonderful running clothes for El Paso's winter - really coming in handy right now!   I am especially enjoying the nifty little pocket for my cell phone in the pants and the finger warmers in the jacket. Thanks, Sonja, Ayrel, Ben, Tanja & Brad! 


The most beautiful picture of the Salt Lake temple from Brei & Kelly. It's one that Kelly took, and it is so perfect on the wall next to the French doors by our dining table.


My new camera.  Still learning how to use it - total surprise from my sweet♥!

A delightful little book, The Willoughbies, from Pam & Kelly. The Harry & David chocolates that came with it were a perfect accompaniment.


Favorite non-family & friends blog:
Pioneer Woman - funny & tender, almost makes me want to be a cowgirl. Check it out!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/


Favorite new website:
http://www.zentangle.com/about-what-is--1.php
I've always been a doodler and this might validate the time I spent drawing when I should have been paying attention in class.

Favorite calendar for 2011:

Flights of Fantasy, art by James C. Christensen 
Responsiblie woman that I am, I have two: 1 for hanging and 1 for framing!

Favorite new place to run:
Franklin Mountains State Park - Tom Mays Park - so quiet and peaceful, and only 10 minutes from home!


Favorite new thing to make

Tomato-Basil Parmesan Soup
when it looks like this in El Paso:



Favorite place to be in Juarez, Mexico:



The temple grounds are going to be beautiful when finished. Everything past the walls on the sides has just recently been opened up so now you can see the temple from the street.


2 comments:

  1. mom- I heard that if you are 30 years old +, you weren't allowed to give "shout-outs". But your shout outs are pretty good (bc they include me :)
    so I'll let you by this time.
    ps. I really, really love that you are enjoying running so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - as is obvious from the picture, shout-outs have been around a lot longer than the 30-and-under crowd, so why should we be excluded from them in our old age??

    ReplyDelete