Thursday, July 1, 2010


* aka Kris!


….and here

(magazines and x-box games in his room)


….and here

(magazines, DS games, Pringles & remote in the family room)


….and here

(wash cloth in his bathroom - always left like this)


….and here

(he likes the security of extra toilet paper wrapped around the roll)




....and here

(he's a Pepper, but will occaisionally drink something else)

Ten Things I about Kris:

1. He is so willing to be helpful, and will immediately do anything I ask. If he doesn’t want to do it he’ll say something about why he shouldn’t have to, but he has already started doing it! If I ask if he can take the trash cans out to the curb after he’s finished with a TV show he will get up immediately to do it, so I have to be careful with my timing. He also does a lot of things without being asked, such as hanging out laundry and then folding it, feeding the cats, and emptying the trash cans throughout the house.

2. He is so tender with children. He will talk to them in stores and then tell their parents about his nephews and nieces. More than once I have found him studying our wall of family pictures. He has told me every time that our kids grew up too fast (and I agree).

3. He is quite stoic. He’s never uncomfortable, tired or sick – unless he’s very, very sick.

4. He takes such good care of Chia – when he isn’t teasing her.

5. He has a great sense of humor and loves to make people laugh. He sees the fun in a lot of situations.

6. He is so loyal to mom. Whenever he thinks we aren’t handling things properly we hear, “My mother says….”

7. He appreciates order and routine. This has been very good for me. I have said since becoming an empty-nester that my kids kept me grounded, meaning that I was much better organized because I had to be to keep everybody on track. Kris is getting me back to that mentality.

8. He will eat just about anything I put in front of him, which is pretty funny because if I ask him first if he would like something his answer is almost always an emphatic, “No thanks”. But he seems to enjoy what he’s served regardless, so I usually don’t even ask.

9. Simple things make him so happy. If you surprise him with a new magazine or video game you will get a giant hug and kiss.

10. He can really dance!

2 comments:

  1. We can't wait to be there! We're all looking forward to seeing Kris-Jake has talked about getting to watch him play his games if he'll let him. We are so lucky to be in Kris' family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you hide the magazines in the dryer again? :)

    i freakin' love kris. and his dance moves too.

    ReplyDelete