Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Truth Revealed

1. My nickname growing up was Shirley Temple because of my naturally curly hair. False! I had curly hair, but my nickname was not Shirley Temple. It was Lollipop because I couldn't say my name - I would say "Lolly". And I will always love the song, "Lollipop, Lollipop" because I truly thought it was being sung for me (but I'm not crazy about lollipops).

2. I once had a job where I was taken to work in a limousine, and I would often wear red shoes. True! Not long after my family moved to Oregon my sister and I had a job with a company that would do store inventories. We would meet at the office and then the crew would be driven to the location in an old stretch limousine. Sometimes the job would require a double crew and we would take two limousines. Most of the jobs were in the Portland area, but some would be all the way down in The Dalles or in different parts of southern Washington. We all had a good time, even though we were often working after hours which would mean getting home at 2 or 3 in the morning. We were all definitely nerds. And my favorite shoes to wear on the job were some very comfortable red clogs. Oh, and just to prove that I usually share more than most people care to know: once, on one of our longer trips we decided to tease our boss a little. The crew that day was comprised of only women, and we had a couple of them keep the boss distracted inside the building while we used shoe polish to write "JUST MARRIED" all over the windows, and tied cans and shoes to the rear bumper. Our boss thought it was pretty funny and left it there while he drove us to the store. In retrospect I'm pretty sure it was Sandy's idea to do that.

3. I cut holes in my sister clothes once when we were fighting. True.  I guess.  My oldest sister Diane swears that I did this when I was in 7th or 8th grade, but I can honestly say I have no memory of doing it. Why would I ruin her favorite dress? It was my favorite dress too, and when we were on good terms she would let me wear it. I loved that dress. But I'm the only one who had a motive, so maybe I did cut holes in it, as well as some other items.  I have been accused of having selective memory before ….

Sven, you may claim your prize when you arrive in El Paso Friday night - you are the only one who recognized the lie!

2 comments:

  1. just goes to show you don't tell us that much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Sven knew - I think that means he's the one who listens!

    ReplyDelete