Sunday, May 26, 2013

This Would Have Been a Great Day.....


for the grandkids to have been in town!
 
 
This morning I was awakened by an odd, but somehow familiar sound. When I realized what it actually was I leapt out of bed, threw open the balcony door, and fully expected to see a hot air balloon descending into our cul-de-sac. And I was almost right! I ran downstairs, grabbed my camera and took the following pictures in a span of 5-10 minutes from the front yard (and I wasn't the only one in the neighborhood running around in my pj's).
 
 

I really thought this one was going to land in our back yard

We waved at each other



Into the sunrise



I'm pretty sure this is the same one that landed in the field behind us several years ago that I got to help pack up.



 For a few moments it looked like they were going to collide, but then the one on the right descended and the one on the left shot up.



For Rachele!




El Paso's annual 3-Day Balloon Festival was held just 1/2 mile from our home this year - about a mile closer than when they launched from Santa Teresa. Yesterday there was one lone balloon (the boring blue & white one above) when I went running. Today was the best I've seen for years. For sure, I will be on the roof in the morning for the main launch of the event. For sure, it would be so much fun if the kids and grandkids were here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment