Thursday, May 16, 2013

This Is The Day Which The Lord Hath Made

I have always loved this scripture from Psalm 118, a reminder to find joy every single day. Some days are easier than others. Like today.
 
 
I experienced great joy in recognizing that there really are angels among us. Two of them stepped in last minute to teach my 6 am Seminary class yesterday and today. I had squeaked through Monday's lesson and hacked and croaked through Tuesday's. It wasn't amusing, in fact I think the kids were alarmed. By early Tuesday afternoon I didn't think I was heading the right direction so asked one of the parents to teach Wednesday. With no hesitation he agreed. I got myself to Dr. Rocky's office Wednesday, convinced he would have a miracle cure and I'd be back in business for Thursday. He took very good care of me, but by mid-afternoon it was obvious I wasn't going to be able to teach Thursday. Another parent was asked, another quick response in the affirmative. Of course, this isn't the first time I've recognized I am surrounded by angels, but it was a huge blessing to have such immediate help and support.
 
 
I rejoice that I live in this day of modern medicine! A fine doctor + good medicine + 24 hours = I am feeling almost completely human again! (It's especially nice that the good doctor and his good wife happen to share a grandchild with us!)
 
Ben, newborn Avery, Rocky & Bobbi - July 2011

 
As I rearranged a few things in the pantry I found an unopened jar of Speculoos!!!
 


I may or may not have danced the dance of joy. OK, I DID dance the dance of joy! Just thinking about that right now sent me back to the pantry for more.
 
 BTW, does Birgid know about Speculoos? Birgid needs to know about Speculoos!
 (It's especially nice that I also get to share grandchildren with this wonderful woman and her wonderful husband!)
Mitchell, Me, Aubree, Birgid, Curtis & Gordon 

 
Today I found great joy (and humor) in the company of Kris. He came along for the ride this morning when I went to the office to pick up some files. He hadn't met our receptionist or a few other people there, and he made a great impression, being just as charming as could be. A little bit country, a little bit rock & roll. A little bit Elvis. A little bit Romeo. Lots of smiles all around, the genuine kind.
 

 
Reasons for additional  joy, gladness and rejoicing today:

A lovely phone conversation with my mom. We didn't get a good one on Mother's Day because Aunt Lois & Ann were visiting when I called earlier in the day, and by evening I was unable to speak above a whisper. I love my mom so much, and I ♥ this epic picture my niece found this week! 


 
 I finally felt productive for the 1st time all week today:
Sorted through my closet and got rid of stuff, organized stuff & put stuff in storage
Mowed the front lawn, weeded & watered
Played with the dogs
Caught up with all the laundry
Enjoyed dinner with Kris at Chile's - you'll have to check his blog later to find out more about that!
Foot soak and pedi, self-administered, while watching a movie. When do I ever do that??
and
An opportunity to reflect on the perfect Plan of Happiness, and the joyful reunion 2 dear friends of ours are having right now

Yup, life IS good. Sure, there are things that cause me to worry, wonder and fret. I try hard not to be fearful. This world is getting crazier all the time, but since I know how it's all going to end I'd rather focus on what is positive and good, and work a little harder every day to be a little bit better. Maybe even once in a while be the angel someone else needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment