Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oh Baby, Baby!

It is with much excitement and joy that we await the arrival of grandchild #12,
Baby Boy Dalton
 scheduled to arrive June 29th!

Saturday the sisters threw a baby shower for Tanja.
 
Cute decorations, fun activities, yummy food and wonderful family & friends
made it a very festive occasion.
 
 
 

 
  

 Pam & Janis

Elena & Aubree
 
Smile! Oh, wait, don't smile.
How come my kids let me wear my mustache above my nose?
 
This.....
 
....became this!
 

Janis & Anthony

Mom & Izzy 
 
  
Birgid & Izzy
 
Sandee, Anthony & Ayrel

Sunny & Rebecca
 
 
4 generations! 
 
Oooh! Ahhh!
 
Anne (Brad's mom) and her friend Sunshine made this amazing quilt, representing important events in Brad and Tanja's lives.
 
I sure hope Ayrel & Avery took pictures of people and things I missed (like the Mother-to-be and her other sweet sisters who toiled and slaved to make this such a fun party!), since my selection is quite limited.
 
After all the fun and games, well, we had more fun and games!

Avery, Rachele and Oliver play soccer
 
 
 
Andrew, Anne, Sonja, Tanja, Brad & Logan 
 
We played Mexican Train with the Dalton's while waiting to take them to the airport for their red-eye flight back to Maine. Why do I think we would have stayed up until midnight regardless? 
 
 
But wait, there's more!
 
Even though the initial plan was to be in SLC for Tanja's baby shower it turned out that I was able to get in on a whole lotta other good stuff:
 
Friday lunch with (most) of my girls! We missed you, Hyuna, Tanja & Elena :(
 
Sonja & Aubree
 
Silly Jilly & Brei

Aubree & Rachele

Avery & Ayrel
 
 
My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
 
 
 
 
Friday afternoon baseball game - Curtis's team dominates! Curtis plays 2nd base -
he made no less than 4 assists for outs on 1st and had 3 solid hits!
 
(I think a little guy in a baseball uniforms is about the cutest thing on earth)
 
 

  
 I might be his biggest fan, but I'm not his only fan!
 
 
 
 
Friday night party to celebrate my niece Cheryl's graduation from BYU - at the Manor House, of course!
 

Front row: Kelly, Ayrel, Avery, Andrew, Andrew's pie, Jake, Cheryl, Sonja
Back row: Pam, Ben, Jill, Laurie, Brei, Rachele, Soren, Soren's Packers Cap, Tanja & Brad
 
 
Cheryl wasted no time venturing out into the big wide world - she was on a plane and in South Korea by Tuesday night for a 6-week immersion program!
 
 
Saturday morning Brei and I went on a run together :) and I was privileged to get a preview of the duet she and Kelly will play for the recital later today :) 
 
Brei and Kelly playing Beethovan's 5th - too bad the video I took won't download :/
When they played it at the recital most of the kids were playing air piano by the finale!
 
 
Tanja, Rachele, Ayrel & I spoiled ourselves with pedicures :)
 
 
 
Saturday afternoon piano recital - so many memories!
 
This is how the Jensen sisters show their love and support -
Brei had no idea her sisters were going to show up in the same skirt!
 
I was scared to take pictures during the recital since the teacher very firmly said we couldn't because the flash might startle the students. But then I remembered that I had my camera set so it wouldn't flash. And that I'm the mother of the teacher. And I noticed that other people were filming. So I ignored the dirty looks and snapped a few pictures. I feel no guilt.
 
Kyle played Carnival, Morning Mood, and his duet, Skip to My Lou perfectly!
 
 
Elena after playing Alouette and Adagio. She also played a duet, Cherry Blossom Time. Her dress makes me think of cherry blossoms!


Jake played Prelude, Jamaican Jive and a lively duet, A Merry Life


 ♪♫♪ The talented Bunker family ♫♪♫

Brei with all of her students
 
Following the recital (and some delicious treats) it was time to put the finishing touches on the shower preparations. I actually didn't do much at all other than play with grandkids and sample food. I like being a grandma. A lot!
 
 
Sunday morning was spent on the farm. After breakfast we went out to check on the sheep and the goats. It was noisy!
 

 
Avery had to jump on the bed to get her wiggles out before church.
 
 
And warm up her singing voice.
 
Brad &Tanja and their cute country home
 
with a great backyard view
 
 
Sunday afternoon we planned to gather for a quiet afternoon of relaxing and snacking at Liberty Park. Hahaha, so did half the population of SLC. And instead of simple snacks, Sandy brought a full-fledged meal for all. We had a marvelous time together!
 
Sandy, Andy, Janis, Aubree, Mango, Mom, Rachele, Chris, Kia, Sara & Page

Andy, Sandy, Janis, Mango, Mom & Aubree
 
Ayrel, Avery & Tanja
 

Pickle!
Curtis & Mitchell
 
Marc & Mango
 
Curtis, Emma & Sonja
 
Sandy & Craig
 
Moi, Janis, Mom, & Sandy
 
 
Saturday evening took us back to the Bunkers for - can you believe it? - more good food and time together! I can never get enough, but 3 full days might tide me over for a week or two.
 
But wait, there's more!
 
 
 


  
 
 
 
 



The End
 

2 comments:

  1. what a fun weekend! so much happened in such little time!!! i love all the pictures of the kids. the last ones of Avery crack me up. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these pictures!! Good finale of Avery's dance moves.

    ReplyDelete