Thursday, February 5, 2015

Magic Square

In spite of the many late nights spent preparing lessons I absolutely love teaching Seminary. I love starting the day with a group of really great young people. I love the positive focus on gospel truths and principles that is such a great way to begin a new day. I love what I get to learn when I prepare, and know that I would never study and learn so much without this calling. I love that the longer I teach the more I realize I need to learn. And I love the wonderful ladies I teach with, who become dearer and dearer to me each year.

This is the third year I've been able to team-teach with LeAnn, which pretty much equates to being reunited with a twin separated at birth. She is so much fun, so honest and down-to-earth, and so easy to work with. 


And so talented. This is what she made for me and gave me for Christmas. 
I am still in total awe.




I think this is my favorite square.

Or maybe this 3-D flower....

....or this lacy delight.

But this one is sooooo gorgeous!

And then there's this one.

I just

really

can't

choose.

I love them all!

And what makes this afghan even more special is that her husband, who is the CES director (meaning our boss), chose the colors :)

And then to make it even more special, she made another one exactly like it for her daughter-in-law, who just happens to be one of the young women I came to love as she grew up in our stake, and then came to love even more after she married and lived in our ward for a few years.

I feel so loved!

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful!! And Will still loves all the balls the crocheted for him too :)

    ReplyDelete