Friday, January 2, 2015

State of the Blog Address

Let's be honest here. I've been pretty uninspired to keep current with this blog even though there have been plenty of events that have awed, humored, gratified and uplifted me. Part of my problem has been the amount of time it takes to download, edit and determine which pictures to use. I need to come up with a plan that works - maybe doing the writing a.s.a.p. and then adding pictures as I can? We'll see - new year, new motivation, hopefully! Another part of the problem is that when I sit down to write my brain is mush. I haven't figured out how to cure that.

So, I stole these questions from a blog I found called The Art of Simple (I also stole the title for this post from same because it seemed apropos). I'm hoping that answering them will be a kick-start to getting my blogging act together again. 

  1. What was the happiest part of 2014? Definitely the fact that 7 new people joined our family! Welcome to the Jensen Tsunami: Aaron, Marc, Natasha, Emma, Sami, Adelyn and Riley!!!   
    Brei, Me, Aaron Chase and Keven

    Natasha, Marc, Adelyn, Sonja, Emma and Sami

    Riley Ann
  2. What was the saddest part of 2014? Losing Jack in July and my friend Carmen in October.
  3. What was one really hard thing that you did in 2014? Emotionally: Helping a friend with some serious challenges which were causing her to question her faith. Physically: Running two 1/2 marathons in 2 weeks (but running the 7 miles to the top of Transmountain in the 1st one was the hardest - and most rewarding of all). 
  4. How do you think you've changed this past year? I have become more willing to own some of my weaknesses and shortcomings, and have made some decent progress in overcoming them. Notice I said "some". There are plenty more to work on - give me a few more years!
  5. What are you hanging onto that you are ready to get rid of? My bad habit of procrastinating - the 1st item on my list of resolutions.
  6. Are you sad to see 2014 go or ready for the new year? Both - I'm always sad to see a year end, especially one with so many wonderful memories. Sadly, 2014 is already a blur. It flew by, faster than any other. There were so many monumental events that I want to savor and remember in detail, it frustrates me that I'm already feeling rushed to start a new year. But of course I am excited about new adventures, opportunities and surprises that await - ready or not!
  7. What is one dream that you hope comes true in 2015? That my brother's cancer stays in remission and he is able to do all the things he's hoping to. And that I can spend some time with him.
  8. What is a character quality you will work on this year? Gratitude - I definitely need to be more aware of the many acts of kindness and love that come my way, and to express my gratitude to my family, friends, and of course the Lord, more readily.
  9. What new skill do you want to learn this year? This could be a long list, but I'll start with knitting/crocheting something more challenging than slippers or hot pads. Or maybe I'll get into aquaponics. Nah, I'll save that for next year....
  10. What excites you about 2015? The new adventures our children and their families will have this year, and the opportunities to share some of them. We will have 2 new deacons, 2 new teachers, 1 baptism, and a couple of changes of address, maybe more! 
  11. What makes you feel scared? A mother will always worry about her children; a grandmother will always worry about her grandchildren. Every day seems to bring new concerns for the spiritual, emotional and physical well-being of the ones I love. I don't live in fear and I won't say that I am scared, but I pray constantly for their protection from evil influences, the direction of the Spirit in their lives, and for their safe-keeping.
  12. How do you think your life will be different one year from today? I plan to have my home in much better order - repairs, paint, pictures hung, decluttered, etc., etc. This will be a direct result of my birthday present from my girls this past year and in being successful with #5 on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment