Thursday, January 15, 2015

Everything I Really Need To Know I Can Learn on Facebook

Truth! Look at some of the cool things I've learned this past week:

1. About my family:

  • There were ZOMBIES at Sonja & Marc's wedding!


  • I have a grandson who is going to be a cowboy
    William

  • I have two grand kids who have narcolepsy
Aaron

Jill

2. About my friends:
  • One of the friends I made at the Flying Horses 1/2 is entering the lotto for the NYC marathon. She owns a ranch in Alpine, TX and is on the "Fueled by Beef" team. She's a hoot (think: Vicky McClure), and uses a run/walk system for long distances. She had everyone on the road in stitches, and personally invited me to run a 5K later that day with her & her friend Darla at a New Mexico winery (and yes, they did), and then spend the evening drinking & partying with them. Too bad I had some other commitments....
    Janna & Darla
  • Jen is going to start crocheting her son's running shorts (I want a pair too!
3. About myself - I sure did learn a lot about myself this week from those oh-so-accurate little tests you can take:
  • I'm guilty of mephobia, a fear of becoming so awesome that the human race can't handle it and everyone dies
  • If I were a U.S. President I would be George Washington
  • I am the Office Prude
  • I will live to be 88
  • I am mentally 41
  • If I were a Sandra Bullock character I would be Miss Congeniality
  • If I were a Disney princess I would be Belle
  • If I were a TV mom I would be Morticia Addams
  • If I were a mythical creature I would be a dragon
  • My aura is yellow
  • I am a genius when it comes to knowing world capitals - I received 100% both times I took the test, and I gave all different answers the second time!
4. Other miscellany:
  • Saw a video of the easiest and least messy way to peel a pomegranate I've ever seen, even better than the way Marie Eichelmann taught me
  • Saved a really great quote: "Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway."
  • Learned that Joseph Smith was named by the Smithsonian as the most significant religious leader in the United States, with Brigham Young being named the 3rd most significant (after William Penn)
  • Also learned that the British Columbia Supreme Court has banned a polygamous group in Canada from using any name associated with the Church
  • All sorts of great motivation for working out & running
What did I DO before Facebook?!? Hmmmmm .... I think I DID a lot more. I think it's time to spend less time on the computer and more time catching up with all the stuff waiting for my attention. Another New Year's resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment