Sunday, July 15, 2012

Whistling Dixie


The first thing Alex showed me when they arrived in El Paso was how he can whistle.

Me: "Wow, you can whistle??! I've never been able to do that!"
Alex: "It's easy, Grandma! You just do this!" And he puckers up and whistles.

We're working on it as we leave the airport parking lot, but I'm not making any progress.

Alex: "Grandma, you just need to practice."
Me: "I practiced a lot  when I was a kid, but I never have been able to do it."
Alex: "You just have to work harder."
Me: gulp

Today as we drive home from church Grandpa is whistling.

Alex: "Grandpa can whistle!"
Me:"Yup, he's really good at whistling."
Alex: "Grandma, you JUST have to PRACTICE! Like this! Hold your mouth like this and blow, and you can whistle!"

I try and try and try, and I don't even come close.

Alex: "Grandma, you need a whistling teacher.
Me:"I never thought of that, Alex. I like that idea, but I've never heard of a whistling teacher....I wonder where I can find one?"
Alex: "Grandma, I will be your whistling teacher!!!"

Classes begin tomorrow. Watch out Jensen Family Reunion Talent Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment