Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Princess and the Pea

I understand that the next Disney princess movie will be about that frail little thing who could feel a pea buried under 20 mattresses (or 30 or 80 or some outrageous number). It was one of my favorite childhood stories, but I have come to realize it could never be me.

Twice in the past week Kris has hidden something for me under my pillow. Both times I wasn't aware until the next morning when I made the bed. Thankfully, the bag with 2 peppermint patties inside survived, and I made sure they were appreciated immediately. The bag with Rollo’s also survived.  You may not believe it, but I was magnanimous enough to share them with my office buddy, Juliana. Ah, sweet Kris! He got such a kick out of doing it, and even more so when he found out I had slept on them. 

 I do think I might have noticed if he had put his new shoes under my pillow (as opposed to in the trash can).

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize they were going to make that into a movie, but I can't wait! And what a sweetheart Kris is! He is welcome to leave me chocolate/candy under my pillow any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's adorable. why has he started doing that?!?

    ReplyDelete