Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Day With Miss A

Happily, Ben was invited to come to El Paso for residency interviews with UMC*. For those of you who have lived away from El Paso for a while, Thomason has grown into a very well-respected teaching hospital associated with the 4-year medical school here. Unhappily Ayrel could not come with him because of her school/work. Happily he brought Avery with him (for the grandparent's, of course!)

I picked them up at the airport yesterday and was able to spend a little bit of time with them before I needed to head to work.

Ben fielding a call and Avery recovering from her travels


Today I was able to be the GIC** all day long! We had a lovely day, and because a certain Tia made me pinkie swear and make a blood oath, I am posting all the pictures ASAP.  Avery even agreed to narrate.


I really was happy to see Uncle Kris!

He wanted to hold me immediately!

It's just that.....well.....


I needed a diaper change and something to eat!

Everything's much better now....


I'm back to kicking up my heels!


I really do adore Uncle Kris....

But a girl must get her beauty rest.



Lucky me - I got to meet a real V.I.P.!

And make friends with some wild animals!


They didn't scare me much






Well, maybe just a little bit when they growled....

 
But I just growled back and they settled down.



And then Grandpa came home from work!
We watched the NY Yankees & the Detroit Tigers game.
I loved it, and made sure Grandpa knew not to change the channel. 
(I only fussed if he did).
Stumpy came and sat by me, and I patted his head. He liked that.

Grandma and I went on a nice walk around the neighborhood. She showed me where my mom's friends used to live. And I really liked watching the birds flying in and out of some tall trees. And the branches swaying in the breeze.

Uh oh.....Kris caught me when I needed another diaper change and a bottle.



Ah, peaceful slumber. I'm an expert at naps!

And so dang cute when I wake up!

It's a cycle I like to repeat.

Sweet Dreams!
The End.


Tomorrow I am pretty sure there will be a visit to the other Grandma's house. I'll find a good excuse reason, I'm sure!

Another certain Tia is looking for evidence that I actually really did take Avery to get her ears pierced.  I am texting her as soon as I finalize this post so she can realize how very gullible she is!

*University Medical Center
**Grandma-In-Charge

1 comment:

  1. Best birthday present ever! Thanks for taking care of her. She looks so happy with you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete