Wednesday, September 21, 2011

View From A Hammock

The following picures were taken as I relaxed in a hammock whilst cuddling with grandbabies and grandchildren on a perfect Sunday afternoon in Layton. Not a pang of guilt did I experience as others took care of setting tables, preparing a waffle feast, and entertaining any child who wasn't in the hammock with me.

Above me blue skies and a leafy tree

Our family has enjoyed many a good time around this old oak table
  
Lovely, cuddly little Jill

My home is always where my family is, and it's especially nice when the Wasatch mountains are a part of the picture

Brad making sure the momentum continues

Kelly ready to dig in

Ahhh, still cuddling with me!


Curtis joins in the fun

Tanja the temptress

I finally made myself move, lured by the irresistable waffles, but I was hungry enough not to mind too much


More pictures from the day:

Aubree and Kris making friends

Kyle swinging a racket


Jake
  

Elena ~ all smiles

Kris chillin' out


Kris chillin' out with Jill

Rachele and Curtis


Cousins Sunny & Derek traveled many miles to be with us, along with their cute boys Hyrum and Noah


 El Paso friend Kelli joined us - so good to see her again!



Noah

I don't need a hammock to cuddle with Jill


Kris coaches the team


Jake, Mitchell and Curtis

Mitchell & Elena



Thank you, Keven and Brei for your culinary efforts!
Thank you, Tanja & Brad, for hosting our break-the-fast waffle feast!




The sheer loveliness of this September sabbath day lingers on in my memory ~ a perfect day with family following the oh-so-special baptismal day of Mitchell

 (more to come on that special event!)

1 comment:

  1. The lawn was SOOOO long!! But that was a good day, wasn't it... :)

    ReplyDelete