Monday, August 30, 2010

The Rest of the Story

I guess I should have known there would be trouble after my previous post, so here's the pertinent information that was deliberately withheld until I received the reaction I wanted from my kids:

There were about 75 people participating in the 8K. My time was 58:30:1, about 4 minutes behind the other person in my age division. The only other person in my age division. But we ran a fairly close race, right??! Actually, when I checked the official times later in the day there was a bronze medalist posted, so there were 3 of us.  And there was one really sassy lady in the age division above mine (only one, which meant I was the second oldest female in the race); she finished about 6 minutes ahead of me. Loved her attitude, I wanna be just like her when I grow up.

The cheesy picture I took was bait. You all know how much I love to have my picture taken. It worked too well - Brei, you can take it off of your blog now, OK?

1 comment: