Monday, May 17, 2010

Harboring a Secret

After one of our many trips to the emergency room for (choose one): concussion, broken bone, stitches, asthma attack, Henoch-Schönlein purpura, smashed toes, etc., etc., my husband commented that he was a little concerned that maybe our children weren't....well....quite normal, since we seemed to spend so much time visiting doctors. I was very quick to assure him that what wasn't normal was having a houseful of 3 ACTIVE BOYS who never once had to make a trip to see a doctor because of illness, let alone visit an emergency room. Yes, that would be his home growing up.

Love is blind, but I'm not so sure he really has not noticed that he is married to a super klutz. He's pretty good at looking the other way when I do something ridiculous. Kris, on the other hand, is quick to break out in loud guffaws.

This is my list for just this past week:

• 3 broken water glasses (no, I wasn't throwing things)
• 1 banged up shin from hitting it against the bike pedal two or three times
• 1 banged up shin from banging it against a bleacher (OK, that was really a few weeks ago, but it's still ugly)
• 2 skinned palms, a skinned knee, and a skinned elbow from falling while running
• Various bruises on my legs and arms that I cannot explain, but I bump into things like door knobs and table corners a lot

Please don't tell my kids that I know the origin of their klutz genes....

p.s - the good news is that I haven't fallen up the stairs once since we remodeled - that odd-sized bottom step really was my undoing.

1 comment: