Thursday, May 20, 2010

Border Issues

I've long thought that if I could do it over again I would try a different approach to puppy training - one where the end result is a dog contributing to the upkeep of the homestead. For the amount of time our dogs spend in the back yard it would be really nice if they could do something productive like rake up the pine needles, pull weeds, or at least clean up after themselves. Heck, I'd be happy if they would just fetch all the branches that fall from our pecan trees during a wind storm and stack them nicely in the wood pile.

So of course I was pleased when an opportunity for Theo and Jack to become working members of society presented itself. We are so proud!

Don't you just love a dog in uniform??

I can't post a picture of Jack as he is working undercover.

P.S. - Tofi headed back to Ohio today; he got out of Dodge just in time!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, he has really slimmed down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie,

    I'm a little disturbed that you seem to be racially profiling those poor fella's on the opposite side of the fence. I mean, what gives here, only Chihuahua's live over there? Huh? Que pasa con usted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I'd get busted for that....does it help that we are harboring an illegal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can harboring an illegal help? And who exactly is this illegal you're talking about? Surely it's not Keven is it? I thought you got him legal years ago. Please don't tell me you've been living in constant fear of La Migra all these years. You poor thing.I'm going to go light a candle for you right now.

    ReplyDelete