Friday, December 2, 2011

Welcome To The Windy City

Yesterday we were amazed to see a weather report documenting outrageous winds from southern California through Nevada, Utah and Colorado. We had already heard about 80- and 90-mile per hour winds in Utah. Tanja said shingles were flying off of their roof as she left for work; Sara and Page posted awesome pictures of their neighbor's huge tree that had fallen precisely, landing on all four of their cars.

Soon after, the wind started howling. It woke me up numerous times during the night, which meant I was sleepy all through my 6 am inservice class and had to just power through at the gym. When I arrived home I was grateful to see that we just had some minor branches scattered around the yard and ALL the leaves are off the trees (big hurray, we will only have to rake once!!!). However, Keven called me and asked me to bring my camera to take some pictures at the office.

This is what the lovely wind did to our office:






The southwest corner of the building is where a group of high school kids waits for the bus. Thank goodness this happened in the wee hours of the morning!




1 comment:

  1. Whoa! I didn't realize El Paso got the wind too!! Crazy! We just got our power turned back on about an hour ago :) We're pretty happy!!

    ReplyDelete