Thursday, August 4, 2011

Indulged


Oh yes, I do know how fortunate I am to be able to spend time with my new grandbabies! I have been able to be with almost every one of my 11 grandchildren within hours or days of their arrival on earth (and certainly longed to be with them when I couldn't). 

The whole world slows down when I'm holding a baby and most of my "problems" just melt away. It stands to reason, then, that one of my most favorite of all things to do is to rock a baby to sleep and take a little nap in the process.  Or to lie on the couch cuddled up with a sleeping baby.

Needless to say, I'm about as relaxed as a person can be right now. Avery is a snuggle bug and I am getting lots of opportunities to indulge myself.  Oh, and Kris is getting a little bit better at sharing!

 

Plus I will get some time with Jill, Aubree, Kyle, Curtis, Elena, Mitchell and Jake this weekend! Don't forget, I had an entire month with Alex, Seth and Gabe. This summer has been fabulous for this grandma. Like I said, I've been quite indulged.

























I've always said you just cannot spoil a baby. I don't believe grandmas can get spoiled either....


They Say That Waking Up Is Hard To Do
One lovely morning this week Ayrel and I ate breakfast in the back yard while Avery slept in her mommy's arms


 We admired her delicate ears and her beautiful dark hair, curling in the humidity

 We marveled at her tiny, perfect fingers and toes (her daddy's hands and feet, most certainly)

Ayrel left for a few minutes and I held Avery.  I couldn't resist taking a few pictures while she was in my arms:
















Well, good morning, Sunshine!


 Have I mentioned how much Kris loves Avery?
I think the feeling is mutual!

Have I mentioned how delightful it is to watch Ben and Ayrel with Avery? 
I think they kind of like her!

Today:

 Avery had a photo shoot - she's 1 month old already!


 We walked to the store to buy peaches. Avery slept the whole time.

 Ayrel was a little crafty.

 Ben grilled up some fabulous chicken. I made some pies.

 Kris helped take care of Avery
and told some interesting stories.

 Avery enthralled us with every move, awake....

....or asleep.
And for sure, she grew right before our eyes.


3 comments: