Sunday, March 27, 2011

Don't stand under the mistletoe....

because it is really itchy when it falls down your neck.

Saturday hubby and I pruned the ornery mistletoe that started growing in one of our trees just a few years ago. Actually, I spotted while he climbed the ladder and did the hard physical work, but I'm pretty sure that 80% of what he trimmed landed on my head. We filled our huge grey garbage can with it; if it were close to Christmas I know we could have made money selling the parasite.

Such a lovely shade of green

You woulda thought he had learned his lesson about climbing ladders....

Speaking of romantic moments, last week we celebrated
Thirty-Seven Years of a Sweet Ride into Eternity!
at a lovely restaurant, Mi Piaci. Because it was our anniversary I decided not to embarrass my husband by taking pictures of him, but I did sneak in a few of the beautifully presented food

Lovely to look at, delightful to devour, my sea bass in cranberry sauce (I wanted more almost as soon as I finished). The gnocchis Keven ordered didn't dissapoint either.

Creme Brûlée Bliss


We also decided we could share the romantic supermoon we ordered up for that night with the rest of the world!



Washington, DC
(Hi Andrew & Ben!)



London



Lisbon
Between celebrating and pruning we've sure had fun having Ayrel & Ben around. Ayrel came armed and ready to sew, and sew we did! Everything on her list for the nursery is finished (well, the cushions for the rocking chair need some final hand-stitching), and there is enough fabric left to make a baby quilt.  I loved having so much time to spend together....and she taught me how to make buckeyes!




Sugar & Spice or Snips & Snails???
We won't know until Baby G makes an appearance in July!  It was fun to have El Paso family and friends help shower Ben & Ayrel with love and gifts at a baby shower. 


Buckeye Baby G's happy grandmas with Ayrel



4 comments:

  1. Busy busy busy! Where is that restaurant that you went to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, I've heard that you're a pretty fast runner, but I don't think there is ANY way you could have caught Keven if he had fallen off of that OSHA approved ladder placement he was using.
    I think I've seen that placement procedure in some of the OSHA posters at work.
    AND, from the looks of some of your anniversary dinner pictures, I finally understand why you weren't too impressed with Chico's. Happy Anniversary you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanja - the restaurant is at Pepper Tree Square
    Mel - I knew I wouldn't be able to catch him if he fell, but I was ready to take pictures for evidence if necessary. My question for you is: when are you going to regale the world with one of your hilarious blog posts????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the added pressure, Laurie. I'll see what I can do sometime this next month.
    Great Pix.

    ReplyDelete