Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow


Goodbye, beautiful month of November!

"The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air."  ~ Eric Sloane

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.  ~ Rabindranath Tagore


Hearty stews are perfect for cool November nights
Love, love, love my pressure cooker!

 and November Saturdays are perfect for baking up a batch of chocolate chip cookies
Love, love, love THIS man!

Love, love, love these babies warm out of the oven!


Adios, Rio Grande!

See you next spring

(but Jack can still find enough water for play)


 
~ We Gather Together ~

To ask the Lord's blessings

And  to give thanks for the bounty of our lives. 


This year the rolls were perfection!

The turkey was moist and tender!

The pies were not spectacular, but they were certainly edible!
A very wise man I know recently stated that man cannot live by pie alone, but I gave it a good shot this last week of November!

Kris helped set the table with the beautiful napkin rings he made for me.  As we sat down to eat I saw him smiling broadly as he used his. It was one of the best moments of the day!

Family is the best company!

".... I like best of all autumn, because its tone is mellower, its colours are richer, .... its golden richness speaks not of the innocence of spring, nor the power of summer, but of the mellowness and kindly wisdom of approaching age. It knows the limitations of life and is content."|-  Lin Yutang


Goodnight, (Harvest) Moon!
Au Revoir, November

As much as I love Christmas I love every bit as much this season of the harvest and thanksgiving. I hold onto it until the very last day of the month, and wouldn't mind at all if it lasted a week or two longer. I may have already done a bit of Christmas shopping, but there won't be a single Christmas ornament or decoration displayed until November has been carefully and lovingly tucked away.

1 comment:

  1. I think you passed that on to me...I wouldn't let Brad listen to Christmas music until December (unless he snuck it in) and am just barely putting my fall decorations away.

    ReplyDelete