Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Creature of Comfort

I most definately am a creature of comfort, and because autumn brings out all my nesting instincts I have been paying attention to the things that make me happiest and most comfortable in life.
Hence, a few of my favorite things.

Food - I could write an entire chapter just about food. OK, I could write an entire book about how much I love food!  Some of my favorite comfort foods:

My mom taught me that it's OK to eat pie for breakfast. It's a good thing, because I will eat pie 24/7

A new-found favorite thing.  
Spaghetti squash, where have you been all my life?!?

One of my favorite snacks - apples and cheese, learned from my dad. I am stuffing my face with these right now

Potato soup and yummy bread, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

I would put my running shoes under my pillow and sleep with them, but that would be weird (and uncomfortable)

I ♥ ♥ ♥ my feather pillow and down comforter

My favorite place to drink a smoothie with Kris, read the mail, scratch the cats' ears or catch up with the hubs at the end of the day

A walk along the river with these entertaining boys is definately a bright spot of the day


'The Good Fairy' - a treasure from my little Grandma Davis. Isn't she joyful?!


Really great music makes life good - this is what I am listening to right now
(just noticed how similar the lady in this picture is to my statuette!)


I love this vase because of it's beauty, but even more because my son rescued it from the trash and then hand carried it all the way home from his mission in South Korea


Things are things, and parts is parts,
but we all know that the best things in life aren't things! 
As much as I love and adore the above-mentioned, the very best 'things' in my life are my family, and the knowledge that we can be together forever. I can't get over how very blessed I am. 

And since I love this picture so much I thought it was worth repeating!
Grandkids, row 1: Seth, Kyle, Elena, Jake, Aubree, Mitchell, Gabe, Curtis
Row 2: Sonja, Brei, Ayrel, Ben, Laurie, Tanja, Hyuna, Rachele, Soren
Row 3: Kelly, Alex, Sven, Keven, Brad

1 comment:

  1. I love all the same things you do :) And have been savoring some of the same fall favorites. This past week, I too have had apple pie, apples and cheese, spaghetti squash, a re-newed found love for my down pillows and comforter, running in the wee fall mornings, multiple soups and great music. I must have learned it from someone with good taste :)

    ReplyDelete